Monday, April 22, 2013

wow......... Practice number two

Ok so this is my second practice umm...... it was pretty bad haha.
At least I can laugh from it and feel horribly sorry for John. Parcels are my enemy right now. My hearing seems to be coming back I just wish I could get my ears to get my mouth to play what I need to play. It is very frustrating to say the least. We have deiced that I will try out on a motarzart peice but we thought hey lets just run threw it and see what happens  Bad Idea! apparently I have not clue how to count we spent I think about 15-20 min of the 2 hours that we played on clapping tempos and note counts.

John: Rachel....
Me: yeah.
John: You have no clue how to play that doted quarter note....
Me: Psh Yes I do come on.
John: How many beats is it?
Me: *blank staire*
John: *sigh* put the horn down we need to clap

and so began that. We still decided to stop because John did not think I was ready to even attemp it yet so we moved back to parceals and style of toungeing. My lips lasted longer then last time but one practice a week is not going to make me get to much improvement I can tell that i'm slowly getting better but it will take time. I can not wait till the summer so I can practice once a day. I am very embarrassed to post this recording, but I know this will be helpful in the end and a good learning experience  So all you middle schoolers you are totally beasting me right now :) I had some trouble with blogger uploading the video so I had to upload to youtube and post it down here sorry for the trouble.











No comments:

Post a Comment